We offer an extensive excursions and social program, which aims at introducing students to the ethnic, historical and cultural diversity of Daugavpils and Latvia in the context of their long and close relations to Russia. This can include short trips during working days as well as full-day trips on weekends.
Different excursion destinations may be considered, if requested by the students, e.g. all-day trips to Riga, Rundale Palace, the capital of neighboring Lithuania Vilnius, or Estonia. Study projects may also consider several days long study trips to Belorussia, Russia, and Poland.
- Welcome to Daugavpils tour
- Multicultural Daugavpils: the Church Hill
- Russian House – the cultural center of the Russian community
- Daugavpils Regional and Art Museum
- Dinaburg Fortress
- Mark Rothko Art Centre
- Jewish community museum and the Holocaust memorial
- Svente Estate and Armor Museum
- WW1 and WW2 military memorials
- Russian banya
Full day excursions:
- Ligo – the most beloved holiday in Latvia
- Basilica of Aglona,Museum of World War II and Museum of Breadin Aglona
- Riga – the capital of Latvia. The Old city, Jugendstyle architecture, sea resort Jurmala
- Rundale Palace – a masterpiece of Baroque architecture
- Excursions to neighboring Lithuania: Vilnius, Trakai
- Excursion to beautiful Tyzenhaus Manor in Rokishkis (Lithuania)
Our sports manager arranges sports events for students and helps them in finding better options for exercising, swimming, running, etc. Students often play soccer, basketball, Russian billiard, go to a swimming pool and sauna.
We can also offer various after-class activities that enrich students’ cultural experience: culinary classes, song and dance classes, round-table discussions with communication partners, and many more.