Goal: Programs for Russian language teachers from secondary schools, colleges, vocational schools and teachers who work in adult education to our teacher development courses. You will be able to get acquainted with interactive methods of teaching which will enable to increase your students’ interest in learning the language.
Latvia has accumulated a vast experience in teaching Russian as a second language and in bilingual teaching. Daugavpils University has been specializing in training teachers of Russian as a foreign language as well as the development and research into methods of teaching Russian language for many years.
For several years, the “Learn Russian in the European Union” project has been providing teacher development courses for international Russian language teachers. Our intensive teacher development courses allow foreign teachers to
- Get acquainted with the theory and practice of new interactive methods of teaching Russian as a foreign language,
- Get acquainted with modern tendencies of the Russian language development,
- Visit schools in Latvia and Lithuania where Russian is taught as a foreign language,
- Share your own best practices in teaching with colleagues from other countries,
- Get acquainted with places of interest, history, modern life and nature of our unique multicultural region,
- Upgrade and refresh your own Russian communication skills.
Our Teacher development courses:
NB! The courses will not be available in May-August, 2017.
- Russian Language: Communication and active grammar (10 study days)
- Contemporary Russian Language in Use (10 study days)
- Theoretical and Practical Aspects of Teaching Russian as a Foreign Language (10 study days)
- The Creative Classroom: Tools and Tips for Russian Language Teachers (10 study days)
- Incorporating information computer technologies in class (10 study days)
- Applying Interactive Methods of Teaching Russian as a Foreign Language and Bringing Culture to the Classroom (5 study days)
Please contact us to obtain the most recent information on planned teacher development programs and group schedule for next period.